This week I received many wonderful new items for my future conservatory (which is still a kit in a box) and I sooooo wanted to get it out and start building it! BUT I looked at the main house and all the unfinished projects I have there so I decided to hold off and continue on the main house. A few months ago I worked pretty hard on the attic section so I decided to work on Wednesdays and Pugsleys room a bit which is right next door.
The big focal point of that room will be the two semi-matching beds so I knew I need to get them going before any other decoration got underway. So here are the beds finished!
I had some black fabric that I embroidered with a spider web design for Wednesdays bed. And then I made sure it was made very neatly as I imagine she would probably like it to be in order. The foot of the bed has a rather angry looking octopus which is a detail seen in the Addams Family movies. I am not very happy how the camera made the octopus look in this photo... the white is acutally very subtle... but here it looks bright and messy.
Puglseys bed has just a typical looking comforter but it is messy and unmade. As I imagine he has better things to do than to make his bed (such as blowing a few things up with Uncle Fester). His detail on the foot of the bed is a skull and crossbones.... again I do not like how the camera makes it look. It looks much better in person.
And now its time to starting adding items! Whoo hoo. I love this part! And as you can see below.... someone has already moved in under Wednesdays bed! I think this may be his permanent home.
Thanks for checking out my progress! I hope to have more to show soon! hugs, Ara