Friday, April 12, 2013

The Hallway Continued....


 Hello All!!  Just wanted to show you all how I have continued working on my hallway addition...

I have gone ahead and attached the far left wall of the hallway.  It will make things harder to reach but I think it will be easier to piece things together in the end.  And you can now see the completed carpeting in Gomez and Morticia's bedroom.  It used to be an arm cover from an old velvety chair!
 I decided I wanted to do wood paneling in the hallway so here I am dry fitting and penciling out where I want the paneling to go.  I want to leave space for several ooky family portraits!
And lastly here are the panels all carved, painted, glued and ready to be inserted into the hallway!  I have put them in but I want to wait to do the back walls also before I show you a picture!  So far I am loving it!

Sorry for the short post but I am just excited!  Hopefully I will have a new post for you soon!  -Ara


9 comments:

  1. The panels are perfect for a creepy old house. Can't wait to see them installed, with family portraits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! I have lots of frames to make!!! lol -Ara

      Delete
    2. I am so excited that you are getting time to work on the Mansion. I can't wait to see the panels installed and how cool is using old velvet for the carpet, the color is perfect for

      Delete
  2. It is so interesting to see how different projects are put together. I have only ever made kit houses but this year intend to build my first from scratch which is stil a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is a kit bash. I think I am better at bashing a kit into what I want it to be rather than starting from scratch! It will be fun to see you put that together! -Ara

      Delete
  3. Ara, great to see more of your work again :).

    You are brave to put all the walls and ceilings together before you put the things in. It will make reaching a lot harder I think. Especially for the lower floor's hallway. That's why I still haven't attached my 2nd floor :). Although when I did my tribal house, I also didn't have the luxury of easy access :). Forgot that yours is 1:12 whilst mine is much smaller at 1:48.

    I really liked the panels and think you have done a great job! Those spooky pics will be very effective!

    Show us more soon, please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a bit harder but a few of the things I wanted to do are made easier by attaching the wall early. And yes working in 1:12 scale means I can at least still reach my arm down the hallway opposed to your scale!! lol! Thanks Sans!

      Delete
  4. Wow, those panels are gorgeous. And I bet they look even better in right places :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I can't wait to get photos to show you guys! Thanks - Ara

      Delete