Monday, July 21, 2014

Wednesday and Pugsley's Beds

Hi All!  I am so sorry I haven't been reading or commenting on anyones blogs!  I barely have time to sit down at the computer let alone work on my much neglected projects.  But every now and then I let the dishes/laundry pile up, leave the toys strewn about the house and make PBJ's for dinner so I can do something, ANYTHING, in my mansion!

This week I received many wonderful new items for my future conservatory (which is still a kit in a box) and I sooooo wanted to get it out and start building it!  BUT I looked at the main house and all the unfinished projects I have there so I decided to hold off and continue on the main house.  A few months ago I worked pretty hard on the attic section so I decided to work on Wednesdays and Pugsleys room a bit which is right next door.

The big focal point of that room will be the two semi-matching beds so I knew I need to get them going before any other decoration got underway.  So here are the beds finished!

I had some black fabric that I embroidered with a spider web design for Wednesdays bed.  And then I made sure it was made very neatly as I imagine she would probably like it to be in order.  The foot of the bed has a rather angry looking octopus which is a detail seen in the Addams Family movies.  I am not very happy how the camera made the octopus look in this photo... the white is acutally very subtle... but here it looks bright and messy.


Puglseys bed has just a typical looking comforter but it is messy and unmade.  As I imagine he has better things to do than to make his bed (such as blowing a few things up with Uncle Fester).  His detail on the foot of the bed is a skull and crossbones.... again I do not like how the camera makes it look.  It looks much better in person.


And now its time to starting adding items!  Whoo hoo.  I love this part!  And as you can see below.... someone has already moved in under Wednesdays bed!  I think this may be his permanent home.


 Thanks for checking out my progress!  I hope to have more to show soon!  hugs, Ara

6 comments:

  1. Love the beds! I didn't make minis for ten years while my kids were young. I am impressed that you find any time at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its not easy!! Thanks for the comment! -Ara

      Delete
  2. I have been so busy too but Ara, it is always fun for me to hang out here at your blog. I love your beddings and of course all the additions especially the new inhabitant of UnderTheBed. And oooooooooo...with such long and sexyyy limb too!! Yums yums :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thank you Sans! Lovely to hear from you! Hugs, Ara

      Delete
  3. Those beds are so cute.....well done!!! You obviously use whatever time you have to create and if the time is none, then people will have to wait to see your cute creations. I'm sure thought, that even if rarely, we still enjoy to see them. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simona! Yes time is super precious and I hate wasting it! Thank you for checking out my blog!

      Delete